< back Updated on May 19, 2014
PACIFIC GROVE MIDDLE SCHOOL
835 Forest Avenue Buck Roggeman Sean Roach
Pacific Grove, CA 93950 Principal Assistant Principal
(831) 646-6652 FAX Janie Lawrence
June 30, 2014
For the 2014-2015 school year, we will hold Registration Round-Up in the upstairs hall at the middle school as follows:
- INCOMING SIXTH GRADE STUDENTS (students coming from Forest Grove and Robert H. Down elementary schools) must register on Monday, July 28th between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
You will be asked to provide proof of residency in the Pacific Grove Unified School District boundaries.(PGUSD Board Policy 5111.1) Plan on bringing TWO proof of residency from the following choices:
- A current utility bill (no older than 30 days) that clearly shows the address where the service is being provided- such as PG&E, Cable, Water Company or Garbage service.
- A current lease/rental contract or a current mortgage bill no older than 30 days (in the event utilities are included in rent/lease agreement that must be clearly stated). The following items are not permissible as proof of residency: driver’s license, vehicle registration, telephone/cell phone billing, insurance payments, first class mail, PG&E confirmation of service or past due notices.
- STUDENTS NEW TO THE DISTRICT (grades 6-8) must register on Monday, July 28th between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. You must also live within the PGUSD boundaries and provide proof of residency as set forth above (or have an approved inter-district agreement.)
You may pick up enrollment forms and requirements at the District Office during the month of July, or access them online at www.pgmiddle.org and click on Enrollment. Bring the completed enrollment documents and requirements with you. Additional registration documents will be provided at the Round-Up.
New Student Orientation is also on Monday, July 28th from 10:00-10:30 a.m. in the auditorium. This event is only for students new to the district. You will receive information about PGMS programs, expectations, and may take a self-guided tour of the campus.
- RETURNING SEVENTH AND EIGHTH GRADE STUDENTS must register on Tuesday, July 29th between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. OR 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. Please bring two proof of residency as described above. Please bring your 8th grade student to Round-Up for the vision and hearing screening.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL returning PGUSD families:
Please bring current/updated emergency contact names, and phone numbers, updated doctor or dentist information, and your current email addresses with you. We will be updating your information right into our PowerSchool system during Round-Up.
If these times prove to be a hardship, you may come to any of the Registration times, but we strongly encourage you to attend the times appropriate to your student’s grade level.
We realize that these dates may not be convenient for everyone. That’s OK, don’t worry. If you are unable to attend Registration Round-Up you may come to the school office to complete the process beginning July 30th and PRIOR to the first day of school which is Wednesday, August 6th. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Just remember: In order for your student to attend class on the first day of school, all registration paperwork and proof of Tdap booster shot (for 7th grade students) must be completed.
In addition to registering for school, we will have several stations set up for student related programs such as PTSA volunteers, purchasing gym clothes, bus pass and free and reduced lunch applications, and yearbooks. Plan on bringing the exact change or your checkbook so this can be a one-stop, do-it-all event for you and your student.
For our returning district students, at the completion of your Round-Up session we will give you your class schedule and locker assignment. Students new to the district will be able to pick up their schedule beginning Friday, August 1st.
For your convenience we have a school supply list on our website on the Enrollment page.
We look forward to another successful Registration Round-Up and thank you in advance for cooperating in our efforts.